Vectis™ Technology: Vectis™ DYO Counterbalance Motion Control App
Submit Parameters to Engineering:
How To Use The Vectis™ DYO App
1. Figure out Your Starting SpecsUse our proprietary DYO app above by simply plugging in your product’s three critical parameters of the load to be counterbalanced:
- Lid weight and the lid center of gravity to the hinge pivot axis
- Horizontal distance
- Vertical distance
2. Pick a Vectis Flex HingeNext select the model of Vectis and quantity desired. Use the slide bar variables to obtain the optimum torque curve and fine tune the open and close feel.
3. Determine How Many Hinges You NeedYou should weigh several factors when deciding on a number of hinges for each lid. These include mounting considerations — for example, if your hinges must support the middle of an unusually long lid. Very large lids can require several Vectis hinges to counterbalance that weight.
4. Try out the Counterbalancing Action You WantThe orange Spring Torque Curve line on the app’s graph represents the spring-based opening torque applied by your hinges. By inputting or adjusting a few additional parameters on the app, you can position the orange line above, on, or below the black line at different angles. This helps you control the amount of spring-based torque that’ll be applied at each angle. The lighter orange lines give you an idea of the controlled friction band built into your hinge. This friction helps hold your load in place. In areas where the black lid torque line is between the light orange lines, the lid or load will stay put. Remember: All inputs are interactive. Changing one value in the app may alter or limit other values.
5. Designate the Built-In Open Stop AngleIn the Lid “open stop” Angle input box, simply type in the open stop angle desired. You can instead specify an open stop angle between 45° and 90°. Variable A and B represent geometry that’ll be permanently cut into the internal linkage of your hinges. The spring settings dictate the initial spring adjustment made at the factory. The unique result of these three numbers tailors the hinge to your needs. The result is reflected on the orange Spring Torque Curve line.
Vectis™ Technology: Motion Control Hinges Specifications & Pricing
The full line of high-quality Vectis™ springloaded counterbalance hinges are purpose built for a wide range of indoor applications. Made from reliable steel and powder coated with a distinctive black, textured finish, these hinges are built to last more than 100,000 open and close cycles in conditions ranging from freezing (32°F) to 110°F.
All four Vectis™ models – 200, 600, 1200, 1800 – are customizable to have a torque output that meets your specific application. Each can also be ordered with the standard 90° opening angle, or reduced in your order from the factory to stop between 45° and 90°.
For indoor applications:
- Steel construction with black textured powder coat finish
- Operating temperature: 32°F – 110°F (0°C – 43°C)
- Cycle life: Min. 100,000
- Torque output is field adjustable
- Operating angle 0° to 90°: The full open angle is customizable (at the factory) anywhere between 45° and 90°
- Shipped in the near-closed position for ease of installation
|P||Ø 0.210||Ø 0.280||Ø 0.343||Ø 0.343|
Starting with our Vectis™ models, you can build a customized hinge system without the prohibitive design and engineering start-up costs. Our baseline counterbalance hinges have been tested to 100,000 cycles, and are designed for indoor, environmentally-controlled applications.
|\||TORQUE RANGE (Per Pair)||LIST EACH (US $)||SETUP FEE (US $)|
|V0200||90 to 200 (in-lbs)||$130.00||$350.00|
|V0600||160 to 600 (in-lbs)||$155.00||$350.00|
|V1200||350 to 1200 (in-lbs)||$170.00||$350.00|
|V1800||450 to 1800 (in-lbs)||$190.00||$350.00|
|1 – 9||LIST|
|10 – 24||5%|
|25 – 49||8%|
|50 – 99||10%|
|100+||NO SET UP FEE|
Want to explore more?
Check out some of our related resources!
Like so many other manufacturing technologies, counterbalance systems make life easier for the end customer. Matched with the right application, they can be a game-changer for user experience and safety.
A hinged countertop has long been a staple of many room designs, like bars and restaurant kitchens. But modern engineering offers major improvements on standard bar flap hinges and other countertop pass-throughs.
Vectis™ and Vectis™ Custom combine assisted lifting forces, positional stability, and controlled opening and closing within an integrated hinge system. Vectis can be designed and purchased in low volumes without the costly expense of tooling or engineering time.
At first glance, you might suspect that the only place you’re going to see a Vectis™ Counterbalance is in an industrial setting, perhaps mounted on an enormous machine shield, or maybe some type of oversize industrial tank lid.